Monday, September 3, 2012

And So It Begins!

I'm here at the one and only San Jose International Airport about to board my flight to Colorado and then onwards to Georgia! Can't believe today has actually arrived and I'm about to spend the next four months of my life adventuring through Europe with my three best friends. I'm hoping to document some of the highlights in this blog, as well as some of the things along the way that I want to remember for the rest of my life. We are going into this whole experience with a very open mind and an even more open agenda. We all have a rough idea of where we want to travel but we are open to anything Europe throws our way.. well not anything. On Friday we will be taking a red eye to London and then onwards to Edinburgh where we will explore the town and meet new people for most of September before beginning to start our traveling escapade.
Here's a quick bio on my three friends and why I believe they are going to take Europe by storm and make the most of every situation.

First there's my little Georgian Krista. She is the cutest little southern lady I have ever seen. But the only characteristics that she seems to have of the south is she likes her initials on things and she loves her fried pickles. And she has good manners(sometimes). And has an accent. And likes the country. And country music. And beer. So shes pretty southern but when its comes to whats in her heart, I swear she was born a Scot. I think she's going to be the one to hop into a little kilt and do some Scottish dancing. Just kidding I think we will all do that. But Krista will take you up on any adventure that comes your way, so shes going to be our outdoor guide/ convince us to do the things that we would never think to do ourselves.

Next, Victoria.

 She's the northwestern of the group and I think is going to adjust to the weather the best. Victoria is one of the nicest people I have ever encountered on the planet and will without a doubt have three new friends to hang out with the day we arrive in Scotland. She eats only pasta and fried chicken, oh and friend pickles, obviously.  We will all be looking here way if anything goes wrong because she never gets frustrated and is always the problem solver.

Princess Brittany is last. Can't believe I've lived with her for 4 years now, it has flown by. Of all of us Brittany has mastered the Scottish accent and can blend in with the true Scots. Brittany loves to explore and see the culture and history of places. And she definitely knows how to have a good time. She will bring us so much laughter and will help us create so many memories.

I can't wait to begin this adventure and only hope to come home as a lover of haggis, a wearer of kilts, a player of bagpipes, and have a deep knowledge of what Scotland is all about. Hope that isn't too much to ask! Follow my blog and journey through Scotland together with me!




2 comments:

  1. Rachel! Ok here I am to obnoxiously comment on every single thing you post, because I am SO excited. I kept searching for your blog but I was searching things like "Down in the Brogue" which is clearly Irish and NOT Scottish. Forgive me. I'm so glad you included this little bio about your friends so now I really know who I am reading about. And I take it by your other posts that you made it safely, so I can stop worrying.

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priya! So glad you found me!!! Thanks for the comments, not really sure how to blog but I'm giving it my best shot!Scotland is seriously unbelievable, pictures really don't do it justice. I miss you so much wish you could visit!!

    ReplyDelete