Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Love from Scotland!



Today is my fifth day in the country of lochs, kilts, and all things beautiful. After spending four days in the land of fried chicken, hunting, Muscadine wine, intense humidity and country livin', otherwise known as Georgia, we began our fifteen hour journey east! Here's a few things we did while still on American soil:
Shot a few bullets in Krista's backyard. 
Here's all of us and Victoria at the top literally busting up that target. Don't mess with us.

 
Drank some good ole' southern Muscadine wine straight from the heart of Georgia. I made a weird face for some reason and now I deeply regret it.
 
And had a great night out on the town in Krista's hometown of Milledgeville. Saw lots of guys in upside down visors and plaid shorts and saw how people on the other coast have some fun. We had a terrific time together and Krista's family was so gracious and hospitable. And we had the best Thanksgiving dinner cooked by Mrs. Deb herself. I would gain 80 pounds if I lived in the south. In a week. It's possible. Trust me. 
But while in Georgia all we could think about was Friday and going to Scotland. We really had no idea what to expect. At all. And we had nothing planned. Not even how to get from the airport to our house. But what we soon saw was something none of us were ready for. Not even a little bit. 








These are all just a few of the beautiful places and buildings that I have seen so far. A blog could not contain all the beauty that Scotland holds by a long shot. 

Another highlight of the trip so far is that my surname is literally famous over here. Wherever I look Morrison's are doing business. 
Somewhat you can see the Morrison Street sign!! Its a great street and I think when I was walking along people knew who I saw. Not joking. I'm big here. 
I love it here and can't believe what I have seen and experienced in only five days. Hope to share more soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Anxious to see your apartment and proximity to things. Where's the closest haggis stand? Can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Steve has already made his way on to your blog, fantastic! I seriously love this Rachel, I feel like I'm hanging out with you when I read it! Glad to see you have already made a name for yourself in Scotland (or your name has already been made...whatever) those pictures are beautiful! It looks like you have already seen SO much!

    Also I'm glad you could spend some time in the South, it's not as bad as people think down here :)

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete