Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ten Things About Scotland

After a week of living in Scotland, I've noticed a few things about this country that I would like to share.
1) Whisky = water to the true Scots. Its everywhere and there in abundance. I wish I could say I enjoyed it, but look below and you will see my true thoughts about it.


2) Don't say soccer. Ever.

3) There is always a bird on this statue. I have never seen it without one. I can only assume that this is the best spot to view the castle and therefore they fight to have a place here and don't leave. Or they have a strong reverence for George IV. One of the two.

4) J.K Rowling wrote Harry Potter at a place called The Elephant House which makes me feel like I'm living at Hogwarts.
5) The sun makes an occasional appearance here but I think he is very very shy and builds up enough courage to come out only as he travels west to California.

6) Aye means yes and emm means umm and let means to rent and queue means line and I will always say pardon me a thousand times while talking to a Scot because this list could go on for pages.

7) Cobble stone makes for a beautiful historic road but also makes for twisted ankles and hurt feet.
8) Haggis is good but black pudding will never touch my lips. 

9) People here seem relaxed and okay with a slow paced life. Many places close in the afternoon and you hardly ever see business men walking home after dinner time. I love the lifestyle.

10) I could wake up to this view for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I loved reading this list! That is SO cool that you got to visit "The Birthplace of Harry Potter". Also the view from your window is amaaazing! Scotland sounds like a lovely lifestyle. You are great Raymo!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete